P.S. Epoxy Paint and Tiling do NOT mix

One REALLY important detail left off the segment on TV3 (KTVK Phoenix) was that once concrete is painted with epoxy paint you CANNOT tile over it, unless you remove all that paint. Yuck! It would have been better to have known that before I painted my concrete patios with epoxy paint. Oh well. This paint job will not last forever and at some point I (or the next homeowner) will need to come up with another solution. I guess I will not concern myself with it today, though.

Another option I plan to research is whether you can have a vendor add concrete stamping over this epoxy finish. I know that I can add those interlocking tiles. That is always an option for down the road.

Update: the epoxy paint on the patio is now starting to slightly bubble along the edge just beyond where the concrete patching work was done. The problem is LYME trying to reach to the top of the surface -- it has merely found a new place to make the deposits since I have patched the damaged area. I have decided not to do all the faux painting because its obvious it will bubble up. This lyme problem will destroy all my hard work.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts