Lowe's vs. Home Depot


I am sure this is not going to be the final blog entry on this comparison. I count myself lucky -- at least sometimes -- that I live in an area urban enough to be within two miles of both Lowe's and Home Depot, not to mention Ace Hardware and much, much more. This means I have choices galore.

"LOWE'S: IMPROVING HOME IMPROVEMENT"
Good slogan!

In the past I held the prejudice that Lowe's was more expensive, for some reason. Perhaps the store seemed nicer, the people friendlier, less warehouse noise -- I guess that was just perception regarding prices. However, I am not so sure that is true. But there are many commodities to consider -- money, time, energy. What I am sensing is that there is a big difference in how the two companies are managed. Whatever the upper management is doing must be trickling down. (Apparently I am not the only one who feels this way... Case Study Addict: Home Depot: Hactivism). I am noticing a much more friendly and helpful attitude from Lowe's. While I know no one who works for Lowe's, I have two good friends who have worked, or do work, for Home Depot -- one of which is an assistant manager at a Home Depot in Oregon. What I am learning in listening to his experience, is that the staff is worked long hours and not appreciated for it. The same was true for another Phoenix area friend who worked in the kitchen design area of a Phoenix Home Depot. She said the job was a challenging one. Both friends are hard-working, diligent and pleasant people.

But I digress...

Like any home improvement project there are multiple items to pick up as you get into the project. For these items I have visited both Lowe's and Home Depot. The project that I am currently in a holding pattern on is the "Faux" Tile Patio Painting project. Why? Because I am getting all sorts of conflicting information. Have I ruined my patio by using Quikrete 2-part Epoxy Paint as the first major step? Gawd I hope not. That was hard work! And just a reminder, the reason I painted my patio floor with epoxy paint is because of the special segment on TV3 and Home Depot. Yes, I said Home Depot.




Also I plan to ask a Dunn Edwards representative, which just opened a new paint store within 2 miles of my home, my "complex" and involved questions and hope for a person who cares and has knowledge. Wish me luck. I will report back...

Comments

Popular Posts