Preparing the Concrete Surface: Part 2

After thoroughly cleaning the concrete surface, getting rid of all the residual glue with scraping and washing, I am now ready to paint on Henry brand 336 Bond Enhancer - Self Stick Tile Primer.

I wrote about this product in my kitchen floor post from November 2007:

"After that was cleaned I prepared the floor by painting on a primer designed to help with the adhesion of the self-stick tiles. It was Henry brand 336 Bond Enhancer - Self Stick Tile Primer.It is described as "A specialized Liquid Latex Primer for preparing surfaces for self-stick tile and flooring adhesives." I found it at the nearby Lowe's. It was watery milky stuff. Not too bad to apply, though. The package recommended a roller. Since it was a small room, I just painted it on with a brush. (Make sure you have your windows open for proper ventilation.)



Comments

Popular Posts