Bathroom Linoleum Tile Completed

This bathroom floor was completed using Lowe's Cryntel 12" x 12" Italia Stone Bianco Vinyl Tile. Model #11492; Item #81117. It was under $100 to complete. The trick is to start from the center of the room. For some reason I did not remember to do this and instead started from the edge of the tub. The result was that each 12" square tile was just a teensy bit off. A tile expert gave me the tip to caulk wherever there was a slight gap between tiles. This solved the problem. All gaps are unnoticable. Also I no longer have concerns about water getting up under the linoleum tiles. Caulk forgives a lot of errors. Next time I will remember that nothing is plumb and to ALWAYS start from the center of the room.


Cutting these linoleum tiles with a matte knife was the hardest part. I ended up making little paper templates for all the custom cuts. I simply used scrap paper and an Xacto knife. Next I placed the paper patterns on the linoleum tiles and cut with the matte knife.

While this took me a long time to complete because I did it in phases, I am glad I did it. My bathroom looks much better. Before replacing this the old roll linoleum was yellowing and had nicks in it. This is a more contemporary look and hides the dirt much better.



Comments

Popular Posts