Epoxy Paint Peeling

I had prepared the surface according to the directions, but perhaps not thoroughly enough. Please see my earlier post from December 2007 to see how I did prepare these patio concrete surfaces.

Or maybe it is the or maybe it was the persistent efflorescence rearing its ugly head right through the epoxy paint. The photos you see here are just 6 months after painting the surface.



My next game plan is to look into hiring someone to expand the width of the patio and then add brick to the surface. He plans to power wash the paint, especially around the perimeter of the patio where the brick will be mortared to the concrete to ensure adhesion. The center bricks will be contained by the outer bricks. They will be set with sand, etc. I think that will be a classic good look.

Comments

Popular Posts