Bulk Trash Freebies

I love, love, love quarterly bulk trash in the city of Phoenix. Apparently my fellow-Phoenix residents are completely ignorant of the concept of recycling, donating to their favorite charity, etc. Naaaa, its much easier to just chuck it in the landfill. Their ignorance is my bliss... I am talkin' about garbage pickin' bliss! I located four of these concrete pavers that are faux-bricks. Each is 24" square and extremely heavy. Initially I found two. I went back a day later and VOILA there were two more at the same garbage pile.

First step was raking away all the rock ground cover.


I realized that working with such larger pavers involved adding soil to keep the pavers level to one another. I purchased this soil because it was the cheapest option at Lowe's.


Next I distributed the soil and positioned the 24" pavers.




And around the corner... a Quasar 27" color TV with remote (even with batteries!) sitting on the driveway, ready for the landfill. I loaded it in my car and got it home and plugged it in. To my complete delight it worked just fine. The landfill, really????? That "solution" lacks creativity. I am happy to say that I gifted it to a deserving person who will fully enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts